Thursday, June 09, 2005

amusing incident.

As i was working at Starhub, i called up this tread leading to this girl. It was a residential line, so her dad picked up the phone.

me: Hi, may i speak to XXX ( i forgot what her name was...).

Dad: Nope she is not in. ( in Chinese)

me: are u her dad???

Dad: yes, what do u want????

me: oh sorry to bother u, i am calling from starhub.

Dad: yah so what?

me: oh do u have internet at home????

Dad: i dunno. U must ask my daughter. U ask so many questions for what??? ( sounding suspicious.....)

me in my broken chinese: Oh coz we are having PRoMotiOn/ Discount /.... ( whatever u called that in chinese... if u dun have internet u might be interested in Starhub Broadband Services.......

Dad sounding extremely paranoid: WHAT??!?!?!?! What interested?!??!?! Interested in who?? who the hell is Starhub??? Who are u??? My daughter INternet Dating?????

Me: No NO nononO!!!! Sir.... Starhub!!! Starhub!!! The internet service provider...Xin Her... whatever.....

Dad sounding amused: Orrrhhh!!! Starhub ah .... hahahaha that internet, cable TV company ah .....

Me: ........................... yah yah..... uncle relax relax.......


This incident left mi extremely tickled............... :P





laughing on the outside.... crying on the inside.......

No comments: