Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Life's harsh realities

One of my friends, Meng ting called me today. She told me that Dong mei's ( this gal from OAC last time in JC ) father had just passed away. Life is so unpredictable. Before her, i think i remembered a few of my friends with single living parents. I dunno, but somehow upon hearing the news i felt very disturbed by it. How often do we really appreciate our parents. How often do we honour them, really talk to them. How aware are we on the sacrifices that they have made for us....... before they are really gone. The sense of dread in me is overwhelming...
She further told me that they will be meeting up at 7 tomorrow to visit her. But alas! i am meeting ChangHao, my president to discuss some ECA stuff. So cannot go liao.... Hopefully she will be ok lah, althought i also dunno her very well... but my heart will go out to anyone who has lost a parent. I must have felt really really terrible. I send her my greatest condolences, and hopefully will be strong to pull through this terrible ordeal...

No comments: