Friday, July 23, 2004

My driving license.......... FiNaLLy!!!!!!!!!!

Took my diving test today ......
I woke up actually feeling "kan jiong". Thats rather strange.... ususally i am rather calm about such things. I checked the clock. 5.30am.  Woah thats a bit early.... still got another one hour plus to sleep before needing to get out of bed. I tried to sleep somemore until it was eventually 6.45am before i got up.
Had takeaways for breakfast then got down to ubi driving centre. Traffic was heavy and the bus, utterly congested. I reached there some 45mins later.

The morning`s circuit practice before the test was a nightmare. I made many mistakes. Missed a turning, overshot white line, hit the kerb during crank course, and hit the kerb again during parallel parking. Parallel parking!!!!!!! this is the first time i hit the kerb during parallel parking in all my one year plus plus experience as a trainee!!! And it had to be today!! :(

So when i started the actual test later, i was rather calm, thinking that i was doomed to failure. However, i went throught the circuit without any mistakes and slowly, my confidence builts up. It was unevenful on the road too, except that when a lorry comes out of a junction and cut into my lane suddenly. Thankfully i was alert. When i finally reached the driving centre, the tester told mi to turn right into the sheltered area. Happy be be back i turned in, rather too fast, resulting in a very wide turn. Then, i turned into the left lane immediately without checking in went into the shelter, again too fast.......... opppppss!!!!!!! ( it`s always me to get complacent in the last min and blow it all ) With that, the tester angrily turned around and said, " Wahhhhh, u horrible driver, never check blindspot ah !!!!!!! " I turned around sheepishly.
" U ah ....some ppl seldom check blindspot ....some ppl sometimes check ......as for U, u NEVER checked at all ......thats really terrible....u can cause accident u know.....u better improve your driving technique.......and u better be careful in future......blah blah blah blah !!!!!!!!! " said in an agitated tone.

"shucks.......this time ah .....sure fail again ah "

After his lecture, he put a tick at the passed box and handed me my test slip. I was very surprised....did he tick wrongly anot? I checked the paper and added the marks ...hmmm 18 ...so is pass. It took awhile for this piece of information to sink in......before ......woooooohooooooo
I passed ..!!!!!!!!! I finally passed!!!!!!!  

No comments: