Wednesday, July 04, 2007

your future in your hands?

Is your future really in your hands? Hmmm... I would like to think so. However, at this point of time, this statement seemed to slowly fade away from the truth as I see my future slowly slipping away from my control.

Why? I feel very tired of playing this what do you want to be, what are your career objectives kinda game. What is wrong? Am i too weak, too sheltered, ignorant or afraid? Fuck I feel lousy.

I am applying for engineering positions not because I like/love engineering, but simply because I feel that I have no other fucking options. I don't like approaching people, being pretentious and try to sell them stuff. So sales-related jobs like insurance and financial planning is out for me. I thought of working in a bank but no-one would interview me. I think its because I have absolutely no finance or banking or what kinda business background or even general knowledge. What else can I do man. How?

Now I fear forever being condemned to a technical position which I won't be good at and suffering with a job that I will not like for the rest of my life. This sucks. It is destroying my life, robbing me of my sleep, and turning me into a moody, melancholic piece of shit that no-one likes to talk to.

ok I am ranting, shoot me.

1 comment:

Lalalalala said...

Hey Lex, I guess it's indeed tiring in this search for a job.

Bank jobs really that hard to apply for meh? I heard that they are indeed quite stringent in requirements, but I always thought they loved engineers. You might want to apply for not-so-well-known banks like Bank of Tokyo (which is the biggest bank in Japan btw) or some other financial institutions that might not pay so well currently, but will look gd on your resume at a later point in time and thus pave your way for a foray into the financial world.

U might need to flesh out yr CCA record in better detail and actually we all did some form of business modules for SARTOR mah. You might want to play it up if you get an interview. I dunno if I am spouting nonsense, but I hope it helps, somehow.

Good luck in your job search, and remember that no one deserves to be deprived of a shot at life. I am not sure if my company has an opening but you might want to ask around. (Anyway most openings will be for programmers, dun think you want also HAHAHAHA.)